November 20, 2016

A White Christmas

Here in sub-tropical Queensland, the last thing we would ever dream of seeing is a White Christmas! We will no doubt be sweltering in the heat and humidity of our Summer season. I love it and I don't ever wish for cold, bleak weather with snow!!!

However, I like to have my unrealistic dreams and I love the traditional look of the celebrations of the northern hemisphere. When I was designing some new ornaments, I couldn't help but place them on a white background and call them "White Christmas"!


I did go a bit non-traditional and chose to use shades of lavender.


I enjoyed using different stitches to enhance these. 


A few beads and a bell for the embellishments...



Can't beat the hexagon for shape!

I have placed the pattern for these in my Craftsy Store here. 
All three patterns are included for just US $7.50

I have finished my Quilt-As-You-Go Dresden plate quilt, but I am afraid I can't show you it yet!!! I was very happy with the result and enjoyed trying a few new techniques. I will certainly be using these methods again.

Last week I showed you my lovely Cactus. This week quite a few of its offspring flowered and it really did look quite sweet.


Watch out for another free Christmas ornament next week on my blog.

Happy stitching.
Val


6 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely as always! we also dont have a white Christmas here in South Africa and I just love Christmas colors too.

Kate said...

Your white Christmas ornies are lovely.
I live where we always have snow for Christmas but it's never bleak - here, a Christmas without snow would be bleak. :)

Needled Mom said...

Those ornaments are lovely.

Createology said...

I cannot imagine your Christmas with hot weather. However, I did enjoy a nice warm Palm Springs Christmas a few years ago. Lovely blooming cactus. Your "White Christmas" ornaments are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Cheryll said...

Such cuties for Christmas... xox

Anonymous said...

Those are great ornaments! I love the purple you used. The cactus makes me so homesick! I love when they bloom. I don't think my Christmas cactus is blooming at Christmas this year. =)