October 31, 2011

A fabulous weekend!

I'm home from the Creative Craft Retreat!  As always, it was a fantastic weekend in a beautiful location, surrounded by the Australian bush and birdsong. There were lots of amazing crafts being worked on or learned.

My crochet class did very well and they managed to get lots of Granny Squares made and a few bags finished (or 95% there!).



Each year, the Craft Retreat has a stall with lots of beautiful hand-made articles made by the participants.  It's a fabulous opportunity to buy some unique gifts. A few weeks ago I was thinking I didn't have much to put on the stall this year ... but then I looked in the project crate and found a couple of bags:




A Christmas Wall-hanging:

A pincushion and scissor keep:


I printed out some of my patterns and with the key rings and pincushions that I quickly got together over the last couple of weeks, I ended up with LOTS of things to sell! All the above were snatched up quickly and I didn't come home with much at all.  I was thinking that I would have enough left over for our Church fete next weekend, but there are very meagre pickings left, so I will have to get my skates on again and whip up a few more things!

Ten percent commission from everything sold on the stall goes each year to a worthy project.  This year, the goal was to raise $1120 sales so that $112 could go towards providing sewing lessons (check out the link) for a woman in a third world country to enable a poor family to have an opportunity for work or even to set up a business. The fantastic news is that the goal was reached!!!

Now, I had better go and put on my skates!!!

Happy stitching!
Val

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh great job Val... well done!
I love the little pin cushion and sissor fob.. so very cute.. no wonder those sold FaSt! :)

quilterliz said...

G'day. I too love the pin cushion and scissor fob. Also love the crochet. That's a very worthy project that the commissions go to. Well done. Take care. Liz...

Barb said...

Good luck, what awesome things you have there!!