February 7, 2010

Something to go with those hats!

I thought I'd give you a sneek peak at something I made to go with those hats!   It's part of a design that I made for one of our little grand-daughter's birthday last week.  I made the mistake of showing it to an editor, so now I have to get the skates on and make another one as she fell in love with it and has commissioned it for her magazine!  It's a lot of work - but heaps of fun!  Word is that grand-daughter loves it and her pre-school sister has been playing with it - even the boys liked it!  I love it when people like my designs!!!


And yes, I was very disciplined and did heaps of housework - even cleaned all the windows and washed some curtains ... and spent a couple of mornings in the garden, so it all looks lovely and sparkling again.

Then I had a phone call from our daughter in Japan to tell us she really likes the curtains I made for her.


Red and black are very "In" colours in Japan.  It's a bit hard to see in the photo but they are a "Cambridge Valance" style with shaped "bells" that stand out - sort of fluted style.

I had enough bits of fabric over to make a set of square placemats - simple and elegant, but quite effective I think.


The curtain material frayed heaps, so it was hard work getting them together.  Now I know why everyone recommends pure cotton fabric for patchwork and quilting!

I've been working on getting Paypal organised for selling my patterns - just have to wait for the bank deposit to come through and we should be ready to go.  It will be heaps easier for everyone to be able to pay by credit card or Paypal.  I also have most of the patterns now in pdf format so there won't be long days of waiting for patterns to arrive as I will be able to e-mail them to you as soon as I'm informed of your order.  Then of course there won't be any postage to pay!

Don't forget to keep an eye out for my new block of the month - I plan to upload it on 14th February.  I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.

Don't forget to send me a photo of your completed "What is Love?" project.  I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Happy stitching.
Val


2 comments:

Allie said...

That dress is so darling, I'm not surprised a magazine snapped it up! The curtains and placemats are wonderful - they really do look so elegant! Glad to hear about paypal and the pdf patterns, my favorite way to shop - looking forward to it!

Jeannie B. said...

I love your little blue dress! Cute.