April 26, 2009

"Baking" more cupcakes

I had a rather lazy week and couldn't help making another batch of cupcakes. I've probably got them out of my system now and really need to turn my mind and hands to other projects!

The weather has turned really cold and husband is complaining that none of his long sleeved shirts fit him since he lost 9 kgs (the result of our walking 3-4 kms each morning). Most of the shirts are too good to just throw out so I have been painstakingly unpicking them and remaking them to fit him. It's not the most inspiring of tasks!

Along with the cold weather has come beautiful RAIN. It was desperately needed and most welcome. We had an inch of rain over three days which is fabulous for us living in a rain shadow in the driest state on the driest continent.

Tomorrow it's off to post the latest project to Country Threads. This one will be published in the Spring issue. I really enjoyed doing some redwork which is not something I usually use in my projects.



I managed to get another PASS (Project at a stand still) finished this week. It is a series of LOVE sayings with lots of my favourite embroidery. I was quite pleased how it turned out, so much so that I am planning to offer it as a free Block of the Month (BOM) pattern, so keep watching this space!



Happy stitching.

Val



No comments: